To bring you up to speed, this is a brief recap of the last several days.
1. Traveled independently through Glasgow airport, found Beth, caught up on the drive to Airdrie. So surreal, probably partly due to jet lag, partly to Oleta’s absence, and partly just the joy of seeing Beth again, and the knowledge that I was really back in Scotland!
2. Walked into the church during my team’s worship session in the morning. Put down my things and joined in their discussion of Hebrews.
3. Discussed our drama for primary schools and testimonies for secondary school presentations.
4. Getting to know the team, personalities, voices, things to tease each of them about, etc.
5. Went to bed with my four lovely roommates and strangely had trouble sleeping. If you can’t sleep with severe jet lag when can you sleep?
1. Traveled to Edinburgh for leaflet distribution. I got to pet two fluffy puppies and it was almost more than I could handle! Also, there was thunder, which is super weird in Scotland! It’s happened multiple times over the last couple of days too, and is currently thundering outside now. What even?!
2. Had dinner at a local Airdrie restaurant. They ran out of fish so we forgot fish and chips and went for the ribs. Delicious.
3. Spent that evening relaxing and staying up much too late.
Saturday (a day off):
1. Went to Stirling for a visit to Stirling castle and a walk through the town.
2. Lots of stone steps, echoey hallways, tapestries, and cobble stone. Really beautiful and full of rich history.
3. Pasties and sausage rolls for lunch. Fantastic and only like a pound to eat! So cheap!
4. Trampoline park in the evening with the youth group. Super fun!
1. Sunday school, prayer meeting, and morning and evening service in Airdrie. So wonderful to see so many people again and talk with them.
2. Incredible meal at Beth’s with the rest of the mission team and another visitor from London.
1. Gave testimonies in Edinburgh at secondary school (ages 11-18). Went quite well. Lots of good questions. Hoping to see them at the church meetings later this week.
2. Continued leaflet distribution in Edinburgh to spread the word about said meetings.
3. Awesome drive home from Edinburgh with one of their congregation, singing Irish tunes and listening to celtic music.
4. The most enjoyable evening yet spent at Beth’s laughing and teasing up a storm, plus ice cream, raspberries, and The Princess Bride.
We’ll be more detailed next time, but there you are for now. So many blessings to be thankful for!